CASHTON, Wis. - An investigation into missing Fentanyl patches from the Vernon Manor Nursing Home in Viroqua led to the arrest of a 40-year-old woman.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office says during an interview with investigators, Dawn Frederick, of Cashton, admitted to taking four Fentanyl patches while she was a Certified Dietary Manager at Vernon Manor.
Authorities arrested Frederick on July 5. She had a partial patch in her possession at the time of her arrest, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Frederick faces possession of schedule II controlled substance charge. She is scheduled to appear in court Monday afternoon.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse