CASHTON, Wis. - An investigation into missing Fentanyl patches from the Vernon Manor Nursing Home in Viroqua led to the arrest of a 40-year-old woman.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office says during an interview with investigators, Dawn Frederick, of Cashton, admitted to taking four Fentanyl patches while she was a Certified Dietary Manager at Vernon Manor.
Authorities arrested Frederick on July 5. She had a partial patch in her possession at the time of her arrest, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Frederick faces possession of schedule II controlled substance charge. She is scheduled to appear in court Monday afternoon.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration