LA CROSSE CO., WI - A real head scratching problem is starting to pop up in the area, cases of head lice.
Health officials won't say it's on the rise, but a breakout is possible, especially with the start of school quickly approaching. That's because kids will be around each other more often... making it easier to spread.
"It doesn't fly through the air, it's casual contact they get it through, and little kids are touchers and hang out with each other, can get it that way, can get it through shared clothing," said Dr. Patricia McGuire of Mayo Clinic Health System.
It's estimated between six and twelve million kids are affected by head lice each year.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract