LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - As construction begins on a new sporting goods store in La Crosse , one business says its final goodbye.
Crews started tearing down Carmike Cinema in the Valley Square Thursday. The 40-thouasnd square foot location will be the new home to Dick's Sporting Goods, which will open later this year. The demolition comes a month after Valley View Mall announced to open the retail store.
During construction, Chuck E. Cheese and Play It Again Sports will stay open.
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- Biometric screening speeds check-in at Twin Cities airport
- U of Minnesota law professor charged with sex assault
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary