LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two people are sent to the hospital after a car swerved off the road and hit a bicyclist then crashed into a building.
It happened at about 11 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of West Avenue and Ferry street in La Crosse.
Police say the driver crossed over four lanes of traffic and hit the bicyclist before crashing into the Mayo Employees Federal Credit Union.
Police believe the driver suffered a medical problem that caused the crash. He was not injured, but was transported to the hospital.
The woman riding the bike was sent to the hospital with minor injuries.
Two support beams on the credit union were knocked out, temporary beams are in place.
The driver was cited for not having a valid license.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice