LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two people are sent to the hospital after a car swerved off the road and hit a bicyclist then crashed into a building.
It happened at about 11 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of West Avenue and Ferry street in La Crosse.
Police say the driver crossed over four lanes of traffic and hit the bicyclist before crashing into the Mayo Employees Federal Credit Union.
Police believe the driver suffered a medical problem that caused the crash. He was not injured, but was transported to the hospital.
The woman riding the bike was sent to the hospital with minor injuries.
Two support beams on the credit union were knocked out, temporary beams are in place.
The driver was cited for not having a valid license.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Senate panel inches Sunday liquor sales forward
- Bipartisan support for Wisconsin bill helping terminally ill
- Walker's evangelical Alaskan cruise canceled
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- Vets warn eliminating prevailing wage will cost jobs