LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two people are sent to the hospital after a car swerved off the road and hit a bicyclist then crashed into a building.
It happened at about 11 a.m. Sunday at the intersection of West Avenue and Ferry street in La Crosse.
Police say the driver crossed over four lanes of traffic and hit the bicyclist before crashing into the Mayo Employees Federal Credit Union.
Police believe the driver suffered a medical problem that caused the crash. He was not injured, but was transported to the hospital.
The woman riding the bike was sent to the hospital with minor injuries.
Two support beams on the credit union were knocked out, temporary beams are in place.
The driver was cited for not having a valid license.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online