LA CROSSE, Wis. - Buying a new car this weekend will help the humane society.
Dahl Subaru has partnered with the Coulee Region Humane Society for an adoption event. For every Subaru sold, Dahl is donating $50 to the humane society, and Subaru will donate $250.
To help the process, the adoption price for cats has been reduced to $3.50, about the price for a gallon of gas.17787084
Both organizations are hoping to exceed their goal. "Total adoption goal is 35 animals, we have about 12 dogs here at the moment, we sent five home yesterday so we still have quite a few that are looking for homes, and we actually sent home 16 cats yesterday," Liz Meil from the humane society.
The dogs will be back at Subaru Saturday afternoon from 1:00 p.m until 4:00 p.m.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests