LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse middle school student, Cody Davis received an extra special gift Wednesday.
Cody was diagnosed with a condition that causes permanent visual impairment at a rapid pace. His parents helped him create a bucket list of all the places he wanted to see before losing his sight completely. Once word got out the community's compassion shined through and now months later their support is still growing. Employees at Agropour Ingredients' Plant, where his step-dad works, presented Cody with a check worth $4,482 to help him complete his list.
Cody was almost speechless about how much compassion the company showed for him and his family.
" It is more than I could ever expect," said Cody.
His step dad, Jeremy Bonner, wasn't surprised that his work rallied around his family to help Cody.
" It's amazing to have the community support that we've gotten, especially from here," said Bonner.
One of the employees also donated tickets to watch the Chicago Bears at one of their preseason games. People from all over the Midwest have been showing their support and have donated a total of $15,000.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse