LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse middle school student, Cody Davis received an extra special gift Wednesday.
Cody was diagnosed with a condition that causes permanent visual impairment at a rapid pace. His parents helped him create a bucket list of all the places he wanted to see before losing his sight completely. Once word got out the community's compassion shined through and now months later their support is still growing. Employees at Agropour Ingredients' Plant, where his step-dad works, presented Cody with a check worth $4,482 to help him complete his list.
Cody was almost speechless about how much compassion the company showed for him and his family.
" It is more than I could ever expect," said Cody.
His step dad, Jeremy Bonner, wasn't surprised that his work rallied around his family to help Cody.
" It's amazing to have the community support that we've gotten, especially from here," said Bonner.
One of the employees also donated tickets to watch the Chicago Bears at one of their preseason games. People from all over the Midwest have been showing their support and have donated a total of $15,000.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked