MILWAUKEE (AP) - More than 800 burn survivors, their families and other burn care experts will be in the in Milwaukee next week for a conference.
The Phoenix Society's World Burn Congress will be held Sept. 12 through Sept. 15 at the Frontier Airlines Center in Milwaukee.
Organizers say survivors, their families, caregivers, burn care professionals and firefighters gather to share experiences, increase their knowledge about recovery and learn about support networks.
Among the featured speakers is J.R. Martinez, an Iraq War veteran, actor and previous winner of "Dancing with the Stars." He was injured in Iraq when his Humvee hit a land mine.
Burn survivors can also attend a private creative cosmetics and color analysis consultation.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.