MILWAUKEE (AP) - More than 800 burn survivors, their families and other burn care experts will be in the in Milwaukee next week for a conference.
The Phoenix Society's World Burn Congress will be held Sept. 12 through Sept. 15 at the Frontier Airlines Center in Milwaukee.
Organizers say survivors, their families, caregivers, burn care professionals and firefighters gather to share experiences, increase their knowledge about recovery and learn about support networks.
Among the featured speakers is J.R. Martinez, an Iraq War veteran, actor and previous winner of "Dancing with the Stars." He was injured in Iraq when his Humvee hit a land mine.
Burn survivors can also attend a private creative cosmetics and color analysis consultation.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists