LA CROSSE, Wis. - A local hospital asks, "can't we all just get along?"
Dozens of employees filled the auditorium at Gundersen Lutheran Monday afternoon for a lunchtime presentation on bullying.
UW-La Crosse professor Amy Tischler and Dr. Jeff Reiland from Gundersen Lutheran shared their expertise on bullying covering topics from its effects in the classroom, to cyberbullying, to things parents can do. "We all maybe need to step back and take a look at how can we get back to be kinder to one another, being more thoughtful about what we say, what we do, what we write to other people, and certainly there are ramifications for our young people who maybe don't think about those consequences quite as well and quite as often as we do as adults," said Dr. Reiland.17385770
News 8's Jennifer Livingston also shared her recent experience with bullying during the presentation.
The event is part of a series to educate staff on topics relevant to their practice.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse