LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse woman pled guilty to counts against her in connection to a homicide at Kwik Trip on June 2, 2013.
La Crosse police said Brittany Jones, 23, drove her boyfriend Mitrel Anderson, 26, to Madison after he allegedly stabbed a man at the Kwik Trip on Cass Street.
On Monday Jones appeared in La Crosse County Circuit Court and pled guilty to harboring or hiding a felon and misdemeanor bail jumping, a repeat offender.
"She's grown up a lot since apprehended and jailed on this," said Sean O'Neill, Jones' attorney. "She's a different person. She's much more mature, much more cooperative than she was prior to this. I think she's trying to change her life significantly."
O'Neill asked Judge Elliot Levine for the third time to change Jones' bond to signature bond. Right now she's being held on a $50,000 cash bond. Prosecutors argued Jones had failed to appear for hearings in other cases and did not want the bond changed.
Jones also pled guilty to obstructing an officer and giving a false name in a different case. Jones' sentencing hearing is scheduled for February 18.
Mitrel Anderson's homicide trial is set for June 9.23913242
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death