LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse woman pled guilty to counts against her in connection to a homicide at Kwik Trip on June 2, 2013.
La Crosse police said Brittany Jones, 23, drove her boyfriend Mitrel Anderson, 26, to Madison after he allegedly stabbed a man at the Kwik Trip on Cass Street.
On Monday Jones appeared in La Crosse County Circuit Court and pled guilty to harboring or hiding a felon and misdemeanor bail jumping, a repeat offender.
"She's grown up a lot since apprehended and jailed on this," said Sean O'Neill, Jones' attorney. "She's a different person. She's much more mature, much more cooperative than she was prior to this. I think she's trying to change her life significantly."
O'Neill asked Judge Elliot Levine for the third time to change Jones' bond to signature bond. Right now she's being held on a $50,000 cash bond. Prosecutors argued Jones had failed to appear for hearings in other cases and did not want the bond changed.
Jones also pled guilty to obstructing an officer and giving a false name in a different case. Jones' sentencing hearing is scheduled for February 18.
Mitrel Anderson's homicide trial is set for June 9.23913242
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game