MILWAUKEE (AP) - The Milwaukee Brewers are planning to honor the Wauwatosa police officer who was gunned down Christmas Eve while on duty.
The team is dedicating its opening ceremony Friday to Officer Jennifer Sebena. Her husband is charged in her death.
Sebena's family will be at the game, and her friend, Officer Katie Gierach, will throw out the first pitch.
The festivities are part of the team's second annual Law Enforcement Appreciation Night. In honor of the event the team is offering reduced ticket prices for law enforcement officers and their families.
The Brewers will also donate $10 from each ticket sold in special outfield and terrace boxes to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.
The Brewers will be facing the Pittsburgh Pirates that evening.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.