MILWAUKEE (AP) - The Milwaukee Brewers are planning to honor the Wauwatosa police officer who was gunned down Christmas Eve while on duty.
The team is dedicating its opening ceremony Friday to Officer Jennifer Sebena. Her husband is charged in her death.
Sebena's family will be at the game, and her friend, Officer Katie Gierach, will throw out the first pitch.
The festivities are part of the team's second annual Law Enforcement Appreciation Night. In honor of the event the team is offering reduced ticket prices for law enforcement officers and their families.
The Brewers will also donate $10 from each ticket sold in special outfield and terrace boxes to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.
The Brewers will be facing the Pittsburgh Pirates that evening.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building