MILWAUKEE (AP) - Ryan Braun is out of the Milwaukee Brewers' starting lineup against the Cincinnati Reds to rest his sore right thumb.
Braun started Tuesday night after missing 26 games because of an inflamed nerve in his right hand that was painful when swinging a bat.
Manager Ron Roenicke said Wednesday that he planned to play Braun on Thursday when the Brewers open a four-game series at Arizona before the All-Star break.
Roenicke says: "I don't think I'd start him three games there, but he may come after that first one and say, 'I feel great.' If he feels great then maybe we do it."
Braun went 1 for 3 in his return Tuesday. He is batting .304 with nine home runs and 36 RBIs in 58 games.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing