MILWAUKEE (AP) - Ryan Braun is out of the Milwaukee Brewers' starting lineup against the Cincinnati Reds to rest his sore right thumb.
Braun started Tuesday night after missing 26 games because of an inflamed nerve in his right hand that was painful when swinging a bat.
Manager Ron Roenicke said Wednesday that he planned to play Braun on Thursday when the Brewers open a four-game series at Arizona before the All-Star break.
Roenicke says: "I don't think I'd start him three games there, but he may come after that first one and say, 'I feel great.' If he feels great then maybe we do it."
Braun went 1 for 3 in his return Tuesday. He is batting .304 with nine home runs and 36 RBIs in 58 games.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse