LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Hundreds in our community got a jump start on their Thanksgiving meal.
The annual Boys and Girls Club Thanksgiving dinner was held in La Crosse Tuesday night.
They cooked up turkeys, stuffing, green beans, and pies to feed an estimated 500 kids and family members.
All of the food was donated from Reinhart Foods, The Waterfront, and Festival foods. "It's really special to see the reaction on kids' faces, like I said, this might be their only meal, and they know it, and they really appreciate it," said Mike Richmond from the Alumni Association.
The kids said their favorite part was eating a Thanksgiving meal with their friends.23179822
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season