LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Boys and Girls Club of Greater La Crosse celebrated turkey day a few days early. Their annual Thanksgiving feast was held in La Crosse Tuesday night.17513034
They cooked up 24 turkeys to feed the expected 500 kids and families. All of the food was donated from the Waterfront, Reinhart Foods, and Festival Foods.
The ongoing tradition is a way for the club to give back to the community and support those in need. "Some family's won't have a big Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, so we hope this could be their Thanksgiving, and of course, we want them to realize all that they have to be thankful for," said Boys and Girls Club Executive Director Mike Desmond.
Also at the feast, a check was presented from the Glow in the Deke fundraiser last month. $14,000 will go to support the club's day to day activities and create a scholarship for a UW-La Crosse student who is battling cancer.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death