PESHTIGO, Wis. (AP) - A Peshtigo man is charged with fatally stabbing his girlfriend, who was an advocate for victims of domestic violence.
Forty-eight-year-old Brent Kaempf was charged Wednesday with one count of first-degree intentional homicide.
Kaempf is accused of killing 45-year-old Patricia Waschbisch. She was found dead in her Peshtigo home Sunday night.
According to the criminal complaint, friends told authorities that Waschbisch said she was going to break up with Kaempf and that he was stalking her at a bar.
Waschbisch's daughter found her mother's body on their bathroom floor. Police found Kaempf sleeping in his car in the Milwaukee suburb of Wauwatosa early Monday. He told officers he had run away from home.
Kaempf remains in the Marinette County Jail. WLUK-TV reports he's expected to appear in court Thursday.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing