BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Readers were able to get a good deal on books Sunday, while also donating to a good cause.
Perkins Restaurant in Black River Falls hosted "Read More, Give Hope". It's a weekend event where Perkins sells donated books for just one dollar.
Each book sale goes on to benefit the Give the Kids the World organization. They help raise money for children with life threatening illnesses, sending them and their families to week long vacations in Orlando.
On the vacation, families will get to see a different type of restaurant. "The gingerbread house is a beautiful restaurant, it's a restaurant where we provide breakfast and dinner for families while they stay at the resort," said Angela Sherman, General Manager of Perkins Restaurant in Black River Fall.
Organizers hope to raise more than $1,000.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash