BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Readers were able to get a good deal on books Sunday, while also donating to a good cause.
Perkins Restaurant in Black River Falls hosted "Read More, Give Hope". It's a weekend event where Perkins sells donated books for just one dollar.
Each book sale goes on to benefit the Give the Kids the World organization. They help raise money for children with life threatening illnesses, sending them and their families to week long vacations in Orlando.
On the vacation, families will get to see a different type of restaurant. "The gingerbread house is a beautiful restaurant, it's a restaurant where we provide breakfast and dinner for families while they stay at the resort," said Angela Sherman, General Manager of Perkins Restaurant in Black River Fall.
Organizers hope to raise more than $1,000.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases