BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Readers were able to get a good deal on books Sunday, while also donating to a good cause.
Perkins Restaurant in Black River Falls hosted "Read More, Give Hope". It's a weekend event where Perkins sells donated books for just one dollar.
Each book sale goes on to benefit the Give the Kids the World organization. They help raise money for children with life threatening illnesses, sending them and their families to week long vacations in Orlando.
On the vacation, families will get to see a different type of restaurant. "The gingerbread house is a beautiful restaurant, it's a restaurant where we provide breakfast and dinner for families while they stay at the resort," said Angela Sherman, General Manager of Perkins Restaurant in Black River Fall.
Organizers hope to raise more than $1,000.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY