BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Readers were able to get a good deal on books Sunday, while also donating to a good cause.
Perkins Restaurant in Black River Falls hosted "Read More, Give Hope". It's a weekend event where Perkins sells donated books for just one dollar.
Each book sale goes on to benefit the Give the Kids the World organization. They help raise money for children with life threatening illnesses, sending them and their families to week long vacations in Orlando.
On the vacation, families will get to see a different type of restaurant. "The gingerbread house is a beautiful restaurant, it's a restaurant where we provide breakfast and dinner for families while they stay at the resort," said Angela Sherman, General Manager of Perkins Restaurant in Black River Fall.
Organizers hope to raise more than $1,000.
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Medical examiner identifies couple in murder-suicide case
- 10 sites in US named 'proving grounds' for driverless cars
- Ex-Wisconsin legislator Tom Larson dies after cancer fight