SIREN, WI - A Burnett County judge has set bond for the Waupun police lieutenant suspected of burglarizing an eastern Wisconsin restaurant.
WEAU-TV in Eau Claire reports that the judge set a signature bond for Bradley Young of $50,000 and a cash bond of $10,000. Young was arrested on Tuesday near Spooner after triggering a manhunt and leading officers on a chase.
The Burnett County District Attorney had not filed criminal charges as of Thursday afternoon. D.A. William Norine says Young will have to post bond by Friday afternoon to be released from jail.
The 22-year veteran of the Waupon Police is suspected of breaking into a restaurant in Green Lake just after midnight on Monday. Authorities say he went on to steal two vehicles in the ensuing days.
Information from: WEAU-TV, http://www.weau.com
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration