LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A bomb threat forced a chemical provider in La Crosse to evacuate Wednesday morning.
The threat was called into Hydrite Chemical Company, which is located just south of Copeland Park.
The plant was evacuated as La Crosse police and firefighters searched alongside Hydrite employees for about an hour.
They did not find anything suspicious. "Because of the nature of our business, we take these threats very seriously," said Hydrite Operations Manager Tia Davis.23302618
"We're actually looking for things that are more out of place than anything, that's why we use the employees on scene to assist us with that," said La Crosse Fire Dept. Div. Chief Tom Wallerich.
Davis said this was the first bomb threat she's heard of in 23 years working with the company.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers