LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A bomb threat forced a chemical provider in La Crosse to evacuate Wednesday morning.
The threat was called into Hydrite Chemical Company, which is located just south of Copeland Park.
The plant was evacuated as La Crosse police and firefighters searched alongside Hydrite employees for about an hour.
They did not find anything suspicious. "Because of the nature of our business, we take these threats very seriously," said Hydrite Operations Manager Tia Davis.23302618
"We're actually looking for things that are more out of place than anything, that's why we use the employees on scene to assist us with that," said La Crosse Fire Dept. Div. Chief Tom Wallerich.
Davis said this was the first bomb threat she's heard of in 23 years working with the company.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota