MILWAUKEE, Wis. - An autopsy has confirmed the body found in the river in downtown Milwaukee is that of a college student who went missing on New Year's Day.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office said Friday the deceased is 24-year-old Nick Wilcox, a University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student.
His death has been ruled an accidental drowning. The autopsy found no injuries. Results of toxicology tests are pending.
Family and friends had posted flyers about the Wilcox in the downtown area and had searched for him since he disappeared celebrating the New Year on Old World 3rd St.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening