MILWAUKEE, Wis. - An autopsy has confirmed the body found in the river in downtown Milwaukee is that of a college student who went missing on New Year's Day.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office said Friday the deceased is 24-year-old Nick Wilcox, a University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee student.
His death has been ruled an accidental drowning. The autopsy found no injuries. Results of toxicology tests are pending.
Family and friends had posted flyers about the Wilcox in the downtown area and had searched for him since he disappeared celebrating the New Year on Old World 3rd St.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers