LA CROSSE, Wis. - Two men were rescued Saturday morning after their boat capsized near La Crosse.
The two men were spotted in the water around 11 a.m. near the Xcel Energy Plant on the Black River.
The La Crosse Fire Department says one of the men swam to shore and the other was pulled out of the water by another boater. They were both transported to an area hospital for potential hypothermia.
Fire officials don't know how long the men were in the water or why their boat flipped over in the first place.
The incident is still under investigation.19832402
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Teacher pleads not guilty to failure to report sex abuse
- Authorities ID man whose body was found in Des Moines River
- Minnesota man accused of trying to kidnap woman
- Local students compete in dairy cook off