LA CROSSE, Wis. - Two men were rescued Saturday morning after their boat capsized near La Crosse.
The two men were spotted in the water around 11 a.m. near the Xcel Energy Plant on the Black River.
The La Crosse Fire Department says one of the men swam to shore and the other was pulled out of the water by another boater. They were both transported to an area hospital for potential hypothermia.
Fire officials don't know how long the men were in the water or why their boat flipped over in the first place.
The incident is still under investigation.19832402
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016