LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - A unanimous Board of Regents vote confirmed Rebecca Blank as the University of Wisconsin's next chancellor Friday.
The board reached its decision this afternoon at a meeting in UW-LaCrosse, according to a UW-Madison statement.
Blank will succeed interim chancellor David Ward and take place as the head of UW-Madison in July.
Blank is an economist who currently serves as acting secretary of the U.S. Department of Commerce. She holds a B.S. in economics from the University of Minnesota and a Ph.D. in economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Blank has previous teaching experience from MIT, Princeton University, Northwestern University, among other institutions.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building