LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - A unanimous Board of Regents vote confirmed Rebecca Blank as the University of Wisconsin's next chancellor Friday.
The board reached its decision this afternoon at a meeting in UW-LaCrosse, according to a UW-Madison statement.
Blank will succeed interim chancellor David Ward and take place as the head of UW-Madison in July.
Blank is an economist who currently serves as acting secretary of the U.S. Department of Commerce. She holds a B.S. in economics from the University of Minnesota and a Ph.D. in economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Blank has previous teaching experience from MIT, Princeton University, Northwestern University, among other institutions.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers