TREMPEALEAU COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A man caused a crash after he grabbed the steering wheel of a car from the passenger seat during an argument, according to the Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department.
A 47-year-old woman was driving eastbound on State Road 54/93 near Little Tamarack Road Sunday night when her boyfriend grabbed the steering wheel, causing her to lose control, the Sheriff's Department said. The vehicle overturned and came to rest on its top on the south side of the road.
Jordy Whyte, 52, of Blair, was taken into custody and transported to the Trempealeau County Jail. The incident is being referred to the District Attorney's Office.
The driver's 13-year-old daughter was in the back seat. They were all wearing seat belts. The driver was transported to Winona Hospital for minor injuries.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns