TREMPEALEAU COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A man caused a crash after he grabbed the steering wheel of a car from the passenger seat during an argument, according to the Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department.
A 47-year-old woman was driving eastbound on State Road 54/93 near Little Tamarack Road Sunday night when her boyfriend grabbed the steering wheel, causing her to lose control, the Sheriff's Department said. The vehicle overturned and came to rest on its top on the south side of the road.
Jordy Whyte, 52, of Blair, was taken into custody and transported to the Trempealeau County Jail. The incident is being referred to the District Attorney's Office.
The driver's 13-year-old daughter was in the back seat. They were all wearing seat belts. The driver was transported to Winona Hospital for minor injuries.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser