MADISON, Wis. - Nelson Global Products in Black River Falls is one of nine companies in Wisconsin that will receive a 2013 Business Friends of Education award on April 12.
State Superintendent Tony Evers named the nine business and industry partnerships to recognize projects that helps prepare students for a successful career.
The awards will be given out at the annual Wisconsin Association for Career and Technical Education Professional Development Conference in Middleton. After the awards breakfast, the award recipients will be part of a panel discussion to talk about how they were able to help students learn skills that will transfer into the workplace.
"The Partnerships that our schools and businesses develop create a community to help educate and prepare our students for the future," Evers said in a statement. "The volunteer hours, outreach, business tours, and service to career and technical education made by these Business Friends of Education truly make a difference in students' lives."
Here's a list of the award winners:
-Johnson Controls Inc., Milwaukee
-Jones Dairy Farm, Fort Atkinson
-Nelson Global Products, Black River Falls
-NEW Water, Green Bay
-Tomahawk Community Bank
-Trace-A-Matic Corporation, Brookfield
-Waukesha County Business Alliance
-Wood's Crossing, Brodhead
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking