MADISON, Wis. - Nelson Global Products in Black River Falls is one of nine companies in Wisconsin that will receive a 2013 Business Friends of Education award on April 12.
State Superintendent Tony Evers named the nine business and industry partnerships to recognize projects that helps prepare students for a successful career.
The awards will be given out at the annual Wisconsin Association for Career and Technical Education Professional Development Conference in Middleton. After the awards breakfast, the award recipients will be part of a panel discussion to talk about how they were able to help students learn skills that will transfer into the workplace.
"The Partnerships that our schools and businesses develop create a community to help educate and prepare our students for the future," Evers said in a statement. "The volunteer hours, outreach, business tours, and service to career and technical education made by these Business Friends of Education truly make a difference in students' lives."
Here's a list of the award winners:
-Johnson Controls Inc., Milwaukee
-Jones Dairy Farm, Fort Atkinson
-Nelson Global Products, Black River Falls
-NEW Water, Green Bay
-Tomahawk Community Bank
-Trace-A-Matic Corporation, Brookfield
-Waukesha County Business Alliance
-Wood's Crossing, Brodhead
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge