LA CROSSE, Wis. - Bishop William Callahan will ordain a 26-year-old deacon to the priesthood at St. Joseph the Workman Cathedral on Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
Deacon Guanella worked at St. James the Less Parish.
"I was very young when I felt a call to the priesthood, probably in about the second grade," Deacon Guanella said.
He went to St. James Elementary School and Aquinas Middle and High Schools. Deacon Guanella went to the Immaculate Heart of Mary Seminary in Winona and graduated magna cum laude from St. Mary's University of Minnesota with a pre-theology degree in 2009. Guanella then graduated magna cum laude from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas, the Angelicum, where he received a bachelor's in sacred theology.
After the ordination, Guanella will be the associate pastor at St. James the Greater in Eau Claire. He will also serve as the chaplain and instructor of religion at Regis Middle and High School in Eau Claire.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest