LA CROSSE, Wis. - Bishop William Callahan will ordain a 26-year-old deacon to the priesthood at St. Joseph the Workman Cathedral on Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
Deacon Guanella worked at St. James the Less Parish.
"I was very young when I felt a call to the priesthood, probably in about the second grade," Deacon Guanella said.
He went to St. James Elementary School and Aquinas Middle and High Schools. Deacon Guanella went to the Immaculate Heart of Mary Seminary in Winona and graduated magna cum laude from St. Mary's University of Minnesota with a pre-theology degree in 2009. Guanella then graduated magna cum laude from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas, the Angelicum, where he received a bachelor's in sacred theology.
After the ordination, Guanella will be the associate pastor at St. James the Greater in Eau Claire. He will also serve as the chaplain and instructor of religion at Regis Middle and High School in Eau Claire.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers