MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman is sought by police after she beat a disc jockey over his choice of music at a birthday party early Sunday morning, police say.
The DJ at the party held at Brocach Irish Pub at 7 W. Main St. told police the women began yelling about his song selection. Partygoers were able to pull her away, but she broke free.
Police said the 32-year-old DJ was punched several times in the head and got a scratch on his face. His laptop computer, headphones and microphone were smashed, tossed and broken.
Witnesses told police the 34-year-old woman was pulled away again and grabbed a glass and threw it at the DJ's head. He ducked and it struck a window sending pieces of glass everywhere, police said.
The DJ said he wasn't sure what he played to make the woman angry.
The woman left before police arrived and she remains at large.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks