LA CROSSE, WI - There's an excuse to play in the mud this weekend.
The Big Muddy Run is back at Myrick Park in La Crosse on Saturday.
It's an annual fundraiser for the Children's Museum of La Crosse to help bring in traveling exhibits and put on programs. They hope to raise $25,000.
Runners take on a course filled with obstacles, like an army crawl and a slip n slide.
Organizer's say this is one race where some rain isn't necessarily a bad thing. "They teased us because the mud was so thick and gooey, so I would think the water would make it a little thinner and easier for our runners to go through, and it will shower them off after they're done if they can just stand outside," said the museum's Executive Director Anne Snow.
You can register up until the races start around 10:45 Saturday morning.22270198
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser