LA CROSSE, WI - There's an excuse to play in the mud this weekend.
The Big Muddy Run is back at Myrick Park in La Crosse on Saturday.
It's an annual fundraiser for the Children's Museum of La Crosse to help bring in traveling exhibits and put on programs. They hope to raise $25,000.
Runners take on a course filled with obstacles, like an army crawl and a slip n slide.
Organizer's say this is one race where some rain isn't necessarily a bad thing. "They teased us because the mud was so thick and gooey, so I would think the water would make it a little thinner and easier for our runners to go through, and it will shower them off after they're done if they can just stand outside," said the museum's Executive Director Anne Snow.
You can register up until the races start around 10:45 Saturday morning.22270198
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US