LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - 95.7 The Rock's annual Big Bikes for Little Tikes event will benefit a 5-year-old girl from Brownsville.
The motorcycle ride helps make a wish come true for a child in the area suffering from a medical condition.
Lyla Alamedia was born with full Trisomy 18, a chromosomal abnormality. She is currently working on how to feed herself, potty train and verbally communicate her needs.
Lyla also has severe sleep apnea and low muscle tone making it hard for her to do even the simplest of tasks.
Because of this, the radio station knew Lyla's family would be the perfect candidate.
"They don't have a lot of extra, to do anything extra, so they would like to go on a family vacation and our hope also is to be able to purchase a adaptive tricycle they can kind of get her muscle working so they can teach her to ride a bike and get those skills in order. So, we're hoping to do both," said 95.7 The Rock Program Director Jean Taylor.
Registration for the ride begins Saturday at 9 a.m. at La Crosse Area Harley Davidson store.
Registration includes a ride t-shirt as well as a meal at the post ride party at the Onalaska American Legion.
Event organizers said the money raised from the 100-mile motorcycle ride through the Coulee Region will help lessen the cost of Lyla's health care.
For more information, visit 957therock.com.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp