LA CROSSE, Wis. - One of La Crosse's north side elementary schools will be standing for only about two more weeks.
School officials approved a $137,000 bid for the school's demolition.
There's no definite timeline, but it's estimated the building will start to come down before August. The three week process will also prepare the site for the new Northside Elementary School.
But before that starts, officials need to get everything out of Franklin that they can.21011724
"If you go through the building, you'll see that we've removed basically everything that can possibly be used, we were doing that as late as yesterday and then we're going to be removing a few things we can use at other sites tomorrow and the next few days as well," said the district's Buildings and Grounds Supervisor Joe Ledvina.
Construction on the new school should begin in September, and then be ready to open for Fall of next year.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East