SPARTA, Wis. - A bicyclist suffered non-life-threatening injuries when it struck a pickup truck at the intersection of Wisconsin Street at Alpine Drive on Wednesday night.
Sparta police said Steven Schaitel, 54, of Sparta, left the Wal-Mart parking lot and was riding his bicycle south on Alpine Drive. He went through the intersection against a red traffic control signal, attempted to turn left (east) onto Wisconsin Street and struck the rear of an eastbound pickup truck.
Sparta police say Schaitel was thrown from his bicycle and was transported by the Sparta Area Ambulance Service to Mayor Clinic Health Systems Sparta Campus.
Schaitel was cited for violating the traffic control signal.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls