SPARTA, Wis. - A bicyclist suffered non-life-threatening injuries when it struck a pickup truck at the intersection of Wisconsin Street at Alpine Drive on Wednesday night.
Sparta police said Steven Schaitel, 54, of Sparta, left the Wal-Mart parking lot and was riding his bicycle south on Alpine Drive. He went through the intersection against a red traffic control signal, attempted to turn left (east) onto Wisconsin Street and struck the rear of an eastbound pickup truck.
Sparta police say Schaitel was thrown from his bicycle and was transported by the Sparta Area Ambulance Service to Mayor Clinic Health Systems Sparta Campus.
Schaitel was cited for violating the traffic control signal.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests