LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and Explore La Crosse released the winners of the first "Best of La Crosse County" Tuesday morning.
Nearly 5,000 visitors and residents nominated and voted for hundreds of their favorite businesses and individuals in more than 100 categories in art, music, dining and shopping.
The Freighthouse earned the best restaurant overall and also topped the best seafood and steak categories, Big Al's has the best pizza in house and for delivery, and the Rivoli is not only the best budget entertainment but also the best cinema.
"I thought it was really interesting to see the staples that have been in the La Crosse area, including you know, but fish fry being Syl's Place, then you have the new additions to the La Crosse area, that includes Best Burger at Burger Fusion," said Brent Hanifl of the La Crosse Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau.
You may see Best of La Crosse County posters hanging at the various winning establishments. For more information on Best of La Crosse County, visit the La Crosse Area Convention & Visitors Bureau website explorelacrosse.com.
They plan to make this a yearly tradition.
Click the following categories below to see the first, second and third place winners:
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years