LA CROSSE, Wis - Family and friends of a man who died in a tugboat accident last week raised more money than expected at a benefit held in his honor.
Organizers say they raised close to $3,000 at the benefit at River Rats on French Island. They're expecting that number to go up even more once they collect all money from raffle prizes. Family and Friends original goal was to raise $1000.
The proceeds will go to Tyler Trussoni's wife Danielle to help her cover costs after losing her husband.
Tyler, 22, was working on a Brennan Marine tugboat when it went over Lock and Dam 7 in Dresbach on Wednesday.20870620
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race