LA CROSSE, Wis - Family and friends of a man who died in a tugboat accident last week raised more money than expected at a benefit held in his honor.
Organizers say they raised close to $3,000 at the benefit at River Rats on French Island. They're expecting that number to go up even more once they collect all money from raffle prizes. Family and Friends original goal was to raise $1000.
The proceeds will go to Tyler Trussoni's wife Danielle to help her cover costs after losing her husband.
Tyler, 22, was working on a Brennan Marine tugboat when it went over Lock and Dam 7 in Dresbach on Wednesday.20870620
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns