LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Specialized medical training for some local nurses came right to their parking lot.
Ridgewater College brought their mobile simulation facility to Benedictine Manor in La Crosse.
Inside the trailer nurses faced things like hip fractures and respiratory or cardiovascular events. Administrator John Padjen said these were practical applications for things they see every day.
"A lot of the things that we learn in here, again, are very much stuff we use on a day to day basis and when we can sharpen ourselves clinically, that assists us in providing care to our residents and tenants," said Padjen.
Padjen expects to have this training once a year.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Dayton administration proposes more energy from renewables
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales
- Injured men flee car crash, one dies