LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Specialized medical training for some local nurses came right to their parking lot.
Ridgewater College brought their mobile simulation facility to Benedictine Manor in La Crosse.
Inside the trailer nurses faced things like hip fractures and respiratory or cardiovascular events. Administrator John Padjen said these were practical applications for things they see every day.
"A lot of the things that we learn in here, again, are very much stuff we use on a day to day basis and when we can sharpen ourselves clinically, that assists us in providing care to our residents and tenants," said Padjen.
Padjen expects to have this training once a year.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Mardi Gras ball raises money for schools, names new rex, queen