LA CROSSE, Wis. - Hundreds of teddy bears will once again be making their way to kids in local hospitals.
The annual 'Bears in the Air' fundraiser took place Friday night at the La Crosse Municipal Airport.
Admission to the annual event was simple. All you needed was a new teddy bear.
The hundreds of donated animals will go to kids at our local hospitals. "Each year, we average anywhere from 600 and 750 bears, they're divided evenly among the two hospitals. When I deliver them, the peds units are just thrilled to get them," said project coordinator Sue Lynch.
If you couldn't make it and have a bear to share, there's a barrel at the Treehouse Gifts store off of Highway 16. It will be there until the end of December.17620612
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls