LA CROSSE, Wis. - Hundreds of teddy bears will once again be making their way to kids in local hospitals.
The annual 'Bears in the Air' fundraiser took place Friday night at the La Crosse Municipal Airport.
Admission to the annual event was simple. All you needed was a new teddy bear.
The hundreds of donated animals will go to kids at our local hospitals. "Each year, we average anywhere from 600 and 750 bears, they're divided evenly among the two hospitals. When I deliver them, the peds units are just thrilled to get them," said project coordinator Sue Lynch.
If you couldn't make it and have a bear to share, there's a barrel at the Treehouse Gifts store off of Highway 16. It will be there until the end of December.17620612
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests