LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Bassmaster Elite fishing tournament gave La Crosse a tourism boost this past weekend, but the event won't be coming back next year.
Even though the tournament was a success, Bassmaster officials have opted out of holding the event in La Crosse for a third consecutive year.
Event officials say they like to change locations every couple of years to give anglers a new place to cast a line.
So when might the event come back to La Crosse? "There is nobody that doesn't want to come back here. We just need to have some discussions of is it going to be 2015 or 2016 or what. But the discussions certainly have started in a very early early stage," said La Crosse Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau Executive Director Dave Clements.
Final numbers in attendance and profit from the tournament are expected to be very similar to last year.20726950
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles