LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Bassmaster Elite fishing tournament gave La Crosse a tourism boost this past weekend, but the event won't be coming back next year.
Even though the tournament was a success, Bassmaster officials have opted out of holding the event in La Crosse for a third consecutive year.
Event officials say they like to change locations every couple of years to give anglers a new place to cast a line.
So when might the event come back to La Crosse? "There is nobody that doesn't want to come back here. We just need to have some discussions of is it going to be 2015 or 2016 or what. But the discussions certainly have started in a very early early stage," said La Crosse Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau Executive Director Dave Clements.
Final numbers in attendance and profit from the tournament are expected to be very similar to last year.20726950
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016