MADISON, Wis. - Legendary Green Bay Packers quarterback Bart Starr collapsed after giving a presentation during an event at Monona Terrace in Madison Tuesday morning, according to staff at Monona Terrace.
Fran Puleo, community and public relations manager for Monona Terrace, said Starr wrapped up his presentation, collapsed and later regained consciousness.
Emergency responders were called to Monona Terrace at 10 a.m. The 78-year-old was evaluated at the scene and left the conference.
Starr was at Monona Terrace for the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority Multifamily and Economic Development Conference.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building