MADISON, Wis. - Legendary Green Bay Packers quarterback Bart Starr collapsed after giving a presentation during an event at Monona Terrace in Madison Tuesday morning, according to staff at Monona Terrace.
Fran Puleo, community and public relations manager for Monona Terrace, said Starr wrapped up his presentation, collapsed and later regained consciousness.
Emergency responders were called to Monona Terrace at 10 a.m. The 78-year-old was evaluated at the scene and left the conference.
Starr was at Monona Terrace for the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority Multifamily and Economic Development Conference.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Court upholds order for fingerprint to unlock cellphone
- Reynolds supports program cuts to defund Planned Parenthood