MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett has conceded to Republican Gov. Scott Walker in Wisconsin's historic recall election.
RESULTS: Wisconsin Recall Election Results
Barrett addressed supporters in Milwaukee and thanked them for their dedication to his campaign and to the petitions that triggered the recall.
Barrett says Wisconsin is deeply divided, and it's up to both Republicans and Democrats to listen to one another.
He says he hopes both sides will come together.
Walker says he wants lawmakers to meet next week over burgers and brats to talk about ways to bridge the political divide.14647656
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge