MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett has conceded to Republican Gov. Scott Walker in Wisconsin's historic recall election.
RESULTS: Wisconsin Recall Election Results
Barrett addressed supporters in Milwaukee and thanked them for their dedication to his campaign and to the petitions that triggered the recall.
Barrett says Wisconsin is deeply divided, and it's up to both Republicans and Democrats to listen to one another.
He says he hopes both sides will come together.
Walker says he wants lawmakers to meet next week over burgers and brats to talk about ways to bridge the political divide.14647656
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse