LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett spent his day campaigning here in Western Wisconsin just a few weeks ahead of the Wisconsin governor recall election.
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett made three stops, starting with an event in La Crosse.
He set up in the back yard of a home on 23rd Street and took questions from community members.
Barrett said its a way to hear directly from people about their concerns.13250400
He also used the opportunity to again attack the Gov. Scott Walker for a recently released video clip from a documentary.
It in, Walker can be heard telling a billionaire donor that when it comes to unions, his plan is to quote-divide and conquer.
"We know that this was not an accident, that he decided he was going to divide and conquer. We need a governor that is going to try and bring the state back together. He has had 16 months to divide and conquer this state. I will end the civil war that he started. For me, this is all about restoring trust," said Barrett.
Walker said he has not said anything different about his plans privately, than what he has shared with the Wisconsin public.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners