LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett spent his day campaigning here in Western Wisconsin just a few weeks ahead of the Wisconsin governor recall election.
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett made three stops, starting with an event in La Crosse.
He set up in the back yard of a home on 23rd Street and took questions from community members.
Barrett said its a way to hear directly from people about their concerns.13250400
He also used the opportunity to again attack the Gov. Scott Walker for a recently released video clip from a documentary.
It in, Walker can be heard telling a billionaire donor that when it comes to unions, his plan is to quote-divide and conquer.
"We know that this was not an accident, that he decided he was going to divide and conquer. We need a governor that is going to try and bring the state back together. He has had 16 months to divide and conquer this state. I will end the civil war that he started. For me, this is all about restoring trust," said Barrett.
Walker said he has not said anything different about his plans privately, than what he has shared with the Wisconsin public.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns