BANGOR, Wis. -- The Bangor post office is closed indefinitely after mold and mildew were found in the building's ceiling and walls.
The U.S. Postal Service says long-term water leakage in the post office's roof appears to have caused the problem.
Inspection showed significant safety and health hazards from the mold and mildew, which led to the closure.
The post office closure is not expected to impact mail delivery
P>O. Box customers can pick up their mail at the West Salem post office. Hours for that facility are 8:30-11:30 a.m. and noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8:30-10 a.m. Saturday.
Stamps, packaging and other retail services are also available at the Rockland post office from 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9-10 a.m.Saturday.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles