BANGOR, Wis. -- The Bangor post office is closed indefinitely after mold and mildew were found in the building's ceiling and walls.
The U.S. Postal Service says long-term water leakage in the post office's roof appears to have caused the problem.
Inspection showed significant safety and health hazards from the mold and mildew, which led to the closure.
The post office closure is not expected to impact mail delivery
P>O. Box customers can pick up their mail at the West Salem post office. Hours for that facility are 8:30-11:30 a.m. and noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8:30-10 a.m. Saturday.
Stamps, packaging and other retail services are also available at the Rockland post office from 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9-10 a.m.Saturday.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says