SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Police say a Wisconsin sex offender who went AWOL after cutting off his GPS bracelet has been arrested in Canada.
Authorities say 66-year-old Britton D. Mckenzie, of Sun Prairie, had a history of exposing himself to young adult women. Court records show he has numerous convictions for lewd and lascivious behavior.
The Sun Prairie Police Department says he was arrested Thursday during a traffic stop in Sudbury, Ontario.
Neither Police Lt. Brian Teasdale nor Wisconsin Department of Corrections spokeswoman Jackie Guthrie could independently confirm Canadian news reports that Mckenzie tried to pass himself off as an NFL scout and former Green Bay Packer when he stopped for an oil change in Chatham, Ontario. A garage employee reportedly became suspicious and discovered from home that Mckenzie was a wanted sex offender.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.