SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Police say a Wisconsin sex offender who went AWOL after cutting off his GPS bracelet has been arrested in Canada.
Authorities say 66-year-old Britton D. Mckenzie, of Sun Prairie, had a history of exposing himself to young adult women. Court records show he has numerous convictions for lewd and lascivious behavior.
The Sun Prairie Police Department says he was arrested Thursday during a traffic stop in Sudbury, Ontario.
Neither Police Lt. Brian Teasdale nor Wisconsin Department of Corrections spokeswoman Jackie Guthrie could independently confirm Canadian news reports that Mckenzie tried to pass himself off as an NFL scout and former Green Bay Packer when he stopped for an oil change in Chatham, Ontario. A garage employee reportedly became suspicious and discovered from home that Mckenzie was a wanted sex offender.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure