LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Law enforcement in La Crosse County are stepping up traffic enforcement this Labor Day weekend.
Sunday and Monday authorities will be stepping up enforcement of DUI's, speeding and seat belt violations. They will also be on the lookout for people who don't obey traffic signs or who are driving without a license.
There were 2,744 traffic crashes in La Crosse County last year, resulting in more than 800 injuries and five deaths.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse