LA CROSSE, Wis. - Authorities are searching for a man believed to be involved in a duplex fire Tuesday afternoon in La Crosse.
It happened about 4:00 p.m. at 216 S. 24th Street. Neighbors noticed smoke coming from the duplex.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen, but not before it caused a lot of heat damage. "As far as we know, no one was hurt from our standpoint, but with regards to the person who fled, we don't know what his or her condition is," said La Crosse Fire Department Div. Chief Tom Wallerich.
The fire department was still in charge of the investigation, but police were assisting.18426070
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion