LA CROSSE, Wis. - Authorities are searching for a man believed to be involved in a duplex fire Tuesday afternoon in La Crosse.
It happened about 4:00 p.m. at 216 S. 24th Street. Neighbors noticed smoke coming from the duplex.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen, but not before it caused a lot of heat damage. "As far as we know, no one was hurt from our standpoint, but with regards to the person who fled, we don't know what his or her condition is," said La Crosse Fire Department Div. Chief Tom Wallerich.
The fire department was still in charge of the investigation, but police were assisting.18426070
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls