BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - With all of the fantastic ATV trails in Wisconsin it's no wonder why they are such popular attraction.
But sometimes its easy to bypass the rules of trails.
To keep riders safe the DNR warden safety team is giving free safety checks this weekend in Jackson County.
All you have to do is stop by their safety trailer at The Oasis in Black River Falls.
The team is offering free safety checks, trail maps, and some basic education before you venture out on the terrain.
"If they have any questions that they were unsure of this would be the opportunity to as those. And then we are also offering free sound checks of exhaust systems in case somebody is worried that there exhaust maybe over the legal decibel limit that's set here by law in Wisconsin," said the Wisconsin DNR ATV Administrator Gary Eddy.
If your out on the trails this weekend here are some laws that are sometimes overlooked.
DNR wardens say common ones are driving without valid registration, illegally driving on or along a public highway and roads, operating without a helmet or not having a valid safety certificate, and operating with an illegal exhaust.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners
- Representative Kind outlines goals for congressional session
- Debate over medical marijuana continues in Wisconsin
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers