BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - With all of the fantastic ATV trails in Wisconsin it's no wonder why they are such popular attraction.
But sometimes its easy to bypass the rules of trails.
To keep riders safe the DNR warden safety team is giving free safety checks this weekend in Jackson County.
All you have to do is stop by their safety trailer at The Oasis in Black River Falls.
The team is offering free safety checks, trail maps, and some basic education before you venture out on the terrain.
"If they have any questions that they were unsure of this would be the opportunity to as those. And then we are also offering free sound checks of exhaust systems in case somebody is worried that there exhaust maybe over the legal decibel limit that's set here by law in Wisconsin," said the Wisconsin DNR ATV Administrator Gary Eddy.
If your out on the trails this weekend here are some laws that are sometimes overlooked.
DNR wardens say common ones are driving without valid registration, illegally driving on or along a public highway and roads, operating without a helmet or not having a valid safety certificate, and operating with an illegal exhaust.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse