MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Attorneys are seeking to combine separate legal challenges seeking to invalidate efforts to recall nine Wisconsin state senators from office.
Six Republicans have filed separate legal challenges seeking to overturn a decision by the Government Accountability Board allowing their recall elections to move forward.
Three Democratic senators have also filed a lawsuit challenging the board's decision to allow recalls against them to proceed.
The attorney for the Republicans, Eric McLeod, said Monday that he would support combining all of the cases together into one so a single judge could determine the merits.
The attorney for the Democrats did not immediately return a message.
The elections are set to happen in July and August. A hearing on other motions in the case is set for Wednesday.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building