ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - An annual effort helping kids stay warm and get a Christmas gift is expanding.
Ashley's Angels, named after Ashley Furniture based in Arcadia, has been helping kids in our area since 1997 with warm clothes and toys.
This year, it expanded out of Trempealeau County and into La Crosse and Buffalo Counties.
Volunteers filled shopping carts Tuesday at Wal-Mart in Onalaska and Winona.
In Wisconsin, they're helping nearly 350 kids at 13 schools. And that's just part of a bigger effort. "For this year, between Pennsylvania and Mississippi and Arcadia, we raised over $222,000. That's all just going for Christmas," said Betty Klopotek.
Ashley Furniture is a big contributor to the drive. Other fundraisers and employees also help get the money.
The gifts will be delivered on December 21st.23425218
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse