ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - An annual effort helping kids stay warm and get a Christmas gift is expanding.
Ashley's Angels, named after Ashley Furniture based in Arcadia, has been helping kids in our area since 1997 with warm clothes and toys.
This year, it expanded out of Trempealeau County and into La Crosse and Buffalo Counties.
Volunteers filled shopping carts Tuesday at Wal-Mart in Onalaska and Winona.
In Wisconsin, they're helping nearly 350 kids at 13 schools. And that's just part of a bigger effort. "For this year, between Pennsylvania and Mississippi and Arcadia, we raised over $222,000. That's all just going for Christmas," said Betty Klopotek.
Ashley Furniture is a big contributor to the drive. Other fundraisers and employees also help get the money.
The gifts will be delivered on December 21st.23425218
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser