ARCADIA, Wis. (WKBT) - Aracdia's population could boom from 3,000 to more than 18,000 Friday.
That's how big of a crowd the Beach Boys are expected to bring in at Ashley for the Arts. They played at Memorial Park Friday night.
"5,000 to 6,000 people can fit in the amphitheater, and we're planning for 10,000 to 15,000, maybe 20,000," said Ashley for the Arts Event Coordinator Jason Lockington.
"It's a huge, huge undertaking. And it's all volunteer work, thousands and thousands of hours, and we appreciate everything that everybody does," said Ashley Furniture Founder and Chairman Ron Wanek.
About 500 people volunteered their time for the event as a whole.
It goes all weekend and features a variety of musical talent, local craftsmen, and artists. Proceeds support a number of charitable organizations including Ashley's Angels which helps families during the holiday season.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Candle caused fatal Madison condo fire; victim identified
- Walker asks public for help selling his budget