LA CROSSE, WI - People hoping to spice up their homes with some original artwork had plenty to choose from this weekend.
Professional artists from across the country displayed their artwork at Art Fair on the Green at UW-La Crosse.
It included all sorts of different art like sculptures, photography, woodwork and paintings.
Artists said it's a unique art fair because it draws in people who are serious about purchasing art.
One local artist, John Schneider, said the atmosphere in La Crosse is obviously different than other art fairs he goes to.
"I travel to a lot of places throughout the summer selling art and a lot of times it's very business like, impersonal. I don't know where my paintings are going but here there's a real person and a real smile that goes along with it," said Schneider.
It cost $4 to attend the fair.
All the proceeds will go toward scholarships for art students at local high schools and at UW-La Crosse.21214936
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's