LA CROSSE, WI - People hoping to spice up their homes with some original artwork had plenty to choose from this weekend.
Professional artists from across the country displayed their artwork at Art Fair on the Green at UW-La Crosse.
It included all sorts of different art like sculptures, photography, woodwork and paintings.
Artists said it's a unique art fair because it draws in people who are serious about purchasing art.
One local artist, John Schneider, said the atmosphere in La Crosse is obviously different than other art fairs he goes to.
"I travel to a lot of places throughout the summer selling art and a lot of times it's very business like, impersonal. I don't know where my paintings are going but here there's a real person and a real smile that goes along with it," said Schneider.
It cost $4 to attend the fair.
All the proceeds will go toward scholarships for art students at local high schools and at UW-La Crosse.21214936
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns