LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse residents got a sneak preview of a show that is highlighting the best of our community.
Several dozen people helped celebrate La Crosse's starring role in "Around the Corner with John McGivern," a show produced by Milwaukee Public Television. The crew came to town back in September to take in the natural beauty, stop by local businesses and take part in some Oktoberfest fun.
The show's host, John McGivern, introduced the preview at La Crosse's Weber Center this afternoon, and he says the city left a lasting impression on him.
"I was surprised of the geography of this region, the bluffs are incredible, the river that's part of your backyard is remarkable," McGivern said. "If people haven't been here, they need to go west and see what we have."
The show is scheduled to air next month and will hopefully attract more tourists to the area. You can catch it on April 3 at 7 p.m. on Wisconsin Public Television.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016