LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse residents got a sneak preview of a show that is highlighting the best of our community.
Several dozen people helped celebrate La Crosse's starring role in "Around the Corner with John McGivern," a show produced by Milwaukee Public Television. The crew came to town back in September to take in the natural beauty, stop by local businesses and take part in some Oktoberfest fun.
The show's host, John McGivern, introduced the preview at La Crosse's Weber Center this afternoon, and he says the city left a lasting impression on him.
"I was surprised of the geography of this region, the bluffs are incredible, the river that's part of your backyard is remarkable," McGivern said. "If people haven't been here, they need to go west and see what we have."
The show is scheduled to air next month and will hopefully attract more tourists to the area. You can catch it on April 3 at 7 p.m. on Wisconsin Public Television.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers