LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse residents got a sneak preview of a show that is highlighting the best of our community.
Several dozen people helped celebrate La Crosse's starring role in "Around the Corner with John McGivern," a show produced by Milwaukee Public Television. The crew came to town back in September to take in the natural beauty, stop by local businesses and take part in some Oktoberfest fun.
The show's host, John McGivern, introduced the preview at La Crosse's Weber Center this afternoon, and he says the city left a lasting impression on him.
"I was surprised of the geography of this region, the bluffs are incredible, the river that's part of your backyard is remarkable," McGivern said. "If people haven't been here, they need to go west and see what we have."
The show is scheduled to air next month and will hopefully attract more tourists to the area. You can catch it on April 3 at 7 p.m. on Wisconsin Public Television.
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Whitewater High School evacuated because of suspicious package
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Officers fired upon in Milwaukee
- Minnesota cop expected to plead not guilty in man's death
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward