LA CROSSE, WI - An army veteran traveling the country to share his struggles with PTSD is making a stop in La Crosse.
Jacob George did three tours in Afghanistan and is using his own experiences to educate the public on post traumatic stress disorder in the military.
His tour called, "Soldiers Heart" uses original songs, poems, and story telling to shed light on the impact war can have not only on veterans but the general public as well.
"I share these stories of my trauma and my pain with the people of the country, but at the same time I try to bring some awareness to people who normally might not be having these conversations but do have veterans in their lives as family members and loved ones and might have unanswered questions about post traumatic stress or war trauma," said Army Veteran Jacob George.
If you want to hear Jacob's story, he will be perfoming Monday at 7 p.m. at the Starlite Lounge on Pearl Street. Doors open at 6 p.m.21096422
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing