MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Authorities in Wisconsin say a military police officer stationed in Washington state helped her husband hide the body of his half-brother.
Dane County sheriff's officials say Shannon Remus was arrested at the Lewis-McChord military base Tuesday. Remus is a U.S. Army police officer who's being held in the Pierce County Jail in Tacoma, Wash. She faces an extradition hearing Wednesday.
Remus is the wife of Jeffrey Vogelsberg who's charged with torturing and killing his autistic half-brother Matthew Graville in Mazomanie last summer.
It wasn't immediately clear if Remus had an attorney. Pierce County jailers declined to pass a message to her Wednesday seeking comment.
Dane County sheriff's investigators say Remus has denied any involvement in Graville's murder, but say she knew where he was buried.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity