MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Authorities in Wisconsin say a military police officer stationed in Washington state helped her husband hide the body of his half-brother.
Dane County sheriff's officials say Shannon Remus was arrested at the Lewis-McChord military base Tuesday. Remus is a U.S. Army police officer who's being held in the Pierce County Jail in Tacoma, Wash. She faces an extradition hearing Wednesday.
Remus is the wife of Jeffrey Vogelsberg who's charged with torturing and killing his autistic half-brother Matthew Graville in Mazomanie last summer.
It wasn't immediately clear if Remus had an attorney. Pierce County jailers declined to pass a message to her Wednesday seeking comment.
Dane County sheriff's investigators say Remus has denied any involvement in Graville's murder, but say she knew where he was buried.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death