LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police are looking for a suspect of an armed robbery that happened just after 4 a.m. on Tuesday at the Kwik Trip on Cass Street.
Police told News 8 a white man came in, showed a handgun and demanded cash. The suspect left with an undisclosed amount of money.
La Crosse police said the suspect was last seen on foot heading southeast from the alleyway behind the store. Officers and a K-9 unit arrived on scene within minutes but were unable to locate the suspect.
The suspect is described as:
- White male
- 5' 10"
- Wearing long sleve gray-colored hooded sweatshirt
- Black pants
- Black gloves
- Black facemask
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the La Crosse Police Department at 608-785-5962 or La Crosse Area Crime Stoppers at 608-784-TIPS. You also can text "LAXTIPS" and your tip to 274637 ("Crimes") or visit www.lacrossecrimestoppers.com to report it online.
In June 2013, 26-year-old Mitrel Anderson allegedly stabbed 24-year-old Demario Lee at the Kwik Trip on Cass Street. Lee was taken to the hospital, where he died from his injuries. After that incident, Kwik trip changed its store hours at 506 Cass Street. Since June 8, the convenience store is closed at 12 a.m. to 4 a.m.
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- Biometric screening speeds check-in at Twin Cities airport
- U of Minnesota law professor charged with sex assault
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary