LA CROSSE, Wis. -- More than 600 area kids are sliding into safety.
Third graders from 11 different schools spent time at Copeland Park Wednesday learning about summer safety as nearly half of all traumatic injuries to our youth happen in the summertime.13434536
A number of health and wellness organizations put on the event.
The kids are learning lessons like fire safety, the importance of life jackets and swim safety. "There's definitely a lot of topics, and all these topics have to do with keeping kids safe in the summertime and they're all based around the high risk topics," says Safe Kids Coalition Coordinator Kim Lombard.
The event coordinator says the biggest three lessons of the day focused on ATV safety, the need for helmets, and playground safety.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure